Monday, April 23, 2007

Yes, I'm Still Here

Hi All,

Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still here. I haven't stopped blogging (although it may certainly look that way, given the dearth of recent posts), but instead have been caught up in researching what I think will be a very interesting (but long) post. Of course, I'm biased on this (on the 'interesting' part - you can trust me on the 'long' part). I've been working on it for a while now, and each time I dig a bit deeper I find something even more interesting, to the extent that it has become quite the perseveration. Anyway, just in case anyone noticed, that's why my head's been down for the past few weeks, on both my blog and on others' blogs too.

During this time it appears that I missed my one year blogiversary (March 31st). I've turned off the comments on this post, because I didn't raise the point to solicit comments. I've had enough kind words from people both here and on other blogs, and links to here from other sites, to know that you can at least interest some of the people some of the time. For those who don't like what I have to say, well, that's fine too. As I said in my 'About Me', I learn the most from those I don't agree with, and I plan on giving you more opportunities agree or disagree in the future. I think that I'm usually pretty open to a reasonable discussion.

Instead, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has dropped by over the past year, either commenting or lurking. I've enjoyed the blogging experience so far - both here and on other blogs - and met some nice people, and hope to resume the dialog soon. (I'm aiming for the end of the week, but - sigh - 'end of the week' has been my target for a couple of weeks now.) I hope that you've enjoyed visting too - or at a minimum have found at least one of the posts to be thought-provoking - and will find interesting 'food for thought' here in the future.

Thanks,

Ian